Why use a landscape designer? What do I bring?
- a listening ear. My primary objective is to find out what you would like for your garden, and to make it happen. I’m happiest when I leave clients feeling a real sense of connection with their new garden.
- a good eye. I think and visualise in three dimensions. When I look at a site I see not just what is there now, but what it could be.
- lateral thinking.
- careful study of the site. I factor in the location and style of the house, the climate, the space, and a suitable plant palette.
- expertise in plant selection. I have years of experience in knowing what plants will work where, and in putting together vibrant and creative plant combinations. I think about how the planting will look now, in 2 years, in 5-10 years time.
- I approach each site with a fresh eye and respond to its uniqueness. I aim for intelligent solutions and a simplicity that will not date.
Fees from 1st April 2019:
$75.00 per hour plus $25.00 travel time.
Landscape CAD plans: from $850.00 depending on the location, size and complexity of the site. This may take the form of one A3 size drawing for the whole site or one each of A3 drawings for the front and back.
The initial consultation can be used to decide whether we will work together on the hourly rate or whether I will create a detailed drawing.